Welcome to the ILGA
- the small Oberlech hotel
We are a 3 Stars-Superior family hotel in the centre of Oberlech, located directly on the slopes. Oberlech is absolutely car free, your luggage is delivered underground. The cable car – just a few steps from us – connects us from 7 am till 1 am with the centre of Lech.
Our guests stay 200 m above Lech and enjoy fantastic views on the Arlberg mountains. Cozy rooms, a rich breakfast buffet and a delicious assorted afternoon tea bar are waiting for you in Ilga. Our a la carte restaurant Ilga-Stüble is open between 11am and 11pm.
We offer free wi-fi, fireside lounge, as well as our fitness room, saunas, play room, hotel rooms and suites. We are a non – smoking hotel – and … all our facilities are waiting for you to spend the best time of the year with us. Cozy, small, personal – feel at home in Ilga.
Update 18th of January 2021
Unfortunately yesterday our government has decided to keep all hotels and restaurants closed until at least the end of February. Therefore we are forced to cancel all bookings in this time. Guests with a booking will be contacted directly of course.
For the time after this lock down, we are evaluating if we can open again. This decision is mainly affected by three factors:
1.) Are we able to provide our usual service regarding our employees and their plans for the next months?
2.) Do the travel restrictions from other countrys allow us to operate profitable?
3.) How likely will it be for us to really be allowed to open in the end of February / beginning of March.
Of course you will be updated regularly.
Until then we wish you all the best and stay safe!
Your Walch family
Update 12th of January 2021
We are planing to reduce the time for a cost free cancellation down to 48 hours before arrival. Detailed information will be sent to all our guests with a booking shortly via email. At the moment we are still waiting for the press conference of our government, which is expected this week.
Update 4th of January 2021
Unfortunately our government just declared, that a early option to test out of the lock down on the 17th of January will not be possible. Therefore we have to remain closed at least until the 24th of January 2021.
Update 19th of December
Yesterday evening the Austrian government announced out next lock-down. This will start on the 26th of December and last until the 17th or 24th of January.
According to the situation we will keep you updated on our opening schedule.
Update 10th of December
Since we were not allowed to start the season 2020/2021 in December, we will reduce all room prices until the 30th of January 2021 by 15% as part of our “Season opening special”. For already existing bookings, this offer will of course be credited automatically.
We are looking forward to welcome you in Oberlech soon.
The Walch family
Covid-19 (Update: 8th of December)
We will update our cancellation policy regularly to offer our guests flexible booking options. For now the bookings between the 7th and 30th of January 2021 can be canceled without costs up to 7 days before arrival. Additionally we plan a “season start offer” for this period. For already existing bookings, this offer will be of course credited retrospectively.
For our guests without symptoms there will be following options to get tested in Lech:
Covid-19 (Update: 2nd of December)
The Austrian government just announced, that all hotels and restaurants have to remain closed at least until the 7th of January.
Guests with a booking in this time will be contacted directly.
Covid-19 (Update: 19th of November)
Although Europe is facing challenging times: We are optimistic, that the actions taken by the governments will show results soon. At the moment we are investing all our energy in the preparations for your save holiday with us.
As you probably already know, the upcoming winter season is planned to start at the 17th of December 2020. This is also the date the Ilga will open again. If anything changes, we will let you know immediately. Guests with a booking will additionally be contacted personally.
To give you a overview about the situation, future plans and changes we will summarize the most important points and will keep them updated as best as possible.
• Austria will have its second lock down from the 17th of November until the 6th of December
• We expect a “normal” season as soon as the numbers stabilize and decrease.
Community safety precautions:
• Due to regularly adapted guidelines, we ask you to inform yourself about the latest information on the websites of the Ministry of Health, the Ministry of the Interior, and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. The website of Lech Zürs offers links to redirect to these pages.
Concept for skiing:
• Ski Arlberg provides regularly updated informations: https://www.skiarlberg.at/en/sicher-am-arlberg-2020-21-1
• As usual you will receive an envelope while checking in at the bottom station of the cable car Lech-Oberlech. This season it will also include one mask for every person. Wearing a mask will be mandatory for using the cable car.
Additional precautions in the Ilga:
• On top of our thoroughly cleaning, we will implement additional disinfection protocols.
• Every room will be disinfected and sealed between a change of guests.
• Most public rooms will be disinfected with the same spray disinfection every day.
• We updated and improved our ventilation system to provide the best possible filtration and exchange of air.
• Our employees and us will get tested on Covid-19 every week.
• In our lounge we installed acrylic glass walls to separate our sitting corners safely.
• You will find masks and hand sanitizer in your room.
Restaurant, buffet and terrace:
• All external guests will have to register via QR Code.
• Our menus will be available digital via QR Code.
• For our breakfast and cake buffet wearing a mask will be mandatory. Additionally we provide disposable gloves
• All tables will be separated enough to guarantee the best possible safety and comfort.
• To avoid to much contact between our guests we will use our breakfast rooms for á la Carte as well and minimize double seatings.
• For hotel guests, which will be having dinner with us every evening, there will be the option to reserve a „private“ table in one of our breakfast rooms. This table is exclusively available to them.
• Our spa area is available as usual. We have notifications regarding distance and maximum numbers and would ask you to follow them.
• If the entire hotel operation has to be closed due to COVID-19 measures or a new lockdown is imposed at the day of arrival for the region of Lech/Zürs or the entire state of Vorarlberg or if the Austrian borders are closed, it is of course possible to cancel your booking free of charge.
• For arrivals between the 17th of December 2020 and the 2nd of January 2021 you can cancel cost-free up to 14 days before arrival.
• Vorarlberg offers a Corona insurance for free, which is activated automatically with each booking. It covers a Covid-19 infection and quarantine before arrival. For detailed informations please contact us. The homepage unfortunately is not available on English.
• Additional we highly recommend our cancellation insurance. It covers further risks, also regarding Covid-19. Detailed informations: https://www.europaeische.at/en
Ourself and our team will responsibly do our best for your and also our safety. We kindly ask you to do so yourself and follow the safety instructions.